Condition box: 3/5
Condition components: 5/5
Menzoberranzan, boxed Forgotten Realms supplement for AD&D 2nd/2.5th edition, by Ed Greenwood, Doug Niles and R.A. Salvatore
“Home of Drizzt Do’Urden and famed city of the drow of the Underdark…
Ruled by the feared and respected Houses and their Matron Mothers, Menzoberranzan is a place of great nobility and great treachery. The priestesses of Lloth*, the Spider Queen, demand (and receive) complete respect from the citizens of this mighty city. But what of the common folk – the drow of non-noble birth, the humans, and others? What is their lot in life, in this magnificent den of intrigue?
Three books in this boxed set explain the ways of Menzoberranzan in detail. Book One: The City gives the reader a tour of the streets and districts, a wealth of information on various practices and customs, and an overview of daily life for each class of citizen (and non-citizen). Book Two: The Houses presents all eighteen major and minor Houses of the city, including the Matron Mothers and their immediate families, as well as any important advisers and associates. Book Three: The Adventure gives players a chance to take their characters into the web of deceit and intrigue woven by the denizens of this famed city.
Additionally, this boxed set includes:
- Four connecting poster-sized maps of the city proper;
- One poster map of the House Baenre compound;
- A poster showing the rivalries and alliances among all eighteen major and minor houses;
- A 16-page House Do’Urden retrospective and the collected essays of Drizzt;
- Twelve cardsheets containing in-depth statistics on main characters from Houses Nurbonnis and Millithor, and small maps for use in the adventure;
- And a full-color poster of the stunning box cover art by Jeff Easley.”